Regarding the coronavirus outbreak
Following a government announcement, Lund University has decided that teaching and assessment of students’ performance may be conducted on the University’s premises as of 15 June 2020. In such activities, this decision and the Swedish Public Health Agency’s rules, general guidelines and recommendations to reduce the spread of Covid-19 are to be observed.
For the department of Geology this implies that:
- our courses during the autumn term will be taught predominantly in the department premises, and as far as possible also in the field.
- the building, including the library and regular study places, will remain open, but you need a keycard to enter during the summer. Special opening hours apply.
- the building remains closed for unnecessary student gatherings.
- the publication of schedules for autumn courses may be delayed, but we strive to make them available in early August at the latest.
- all students admitted to courses during the first part of the autumn term will by early August at the latest receive information on special regulations of student access to the building during the autumn term.
- MSc projects may continue as before.
Regularly updated information from Lund University related to the virus outbreak can be found below.